Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My Embroidery Work...





Hello !!!


I always refrain myself from doing needlework project simply because I find it very tedious & time consuming. Even though I did some embroidery work as a souvenir for my friends living abroad, but it is not my favourite subject. This year I have decided to brush up my embroidery skills & have started with this small cover.

My embroidery stash is quite limited so I am trying to manage with whatever colours I have :))










You can see I have used various shades of brown, my leaves are multicoloured green, blue, olive green...... You can see as I am going further the size of my flowers are becoming smaller (meaning I am getting impatient:-)) But I am persistent & hopefully would be able to complete this ..

Also made this wall hanging for my son's school project from waste CDs. 





I covered the CD with jute thread & painted it yellow as it is their class theme. After that I attached mirrors in the centre & stones in the corner and finally finished it by attaching off white satin ribbon.


Do let me know how these look ????

Till next time have a creative week :))


Moushumi

9 comments:

  1. Embroidery looks beautiful. Yes embroidery takes time compared to other crafts but the result will be awesome. Once u go in depth u will not be able to come out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shami!!! I also hope that I find patience & love in needlework :))

      Delete
  2. Your embroidery is colorful!! You still achieved a lot, I am a lazy person and always try to do smaller designs or just finish off using chain stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preeti, but when I see your cross stitch projects I feel ur patience level is far better than mine :)) Have a wonderful Sunday :))

      Delete
  3. wow moushumi, beautiful embroidery work. Nice way to recycle the CDs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vasudha .. Mean a lot to me .. have a lovely day !!!:))

      Delete
  4. Lovely embroidery dear... I could never do it past the mandatory one in school on different handkerchief! Nice cd recycling

    ReplyDelete
  5. replica bags high quality replica hermes bag t0q06j3n29 replica bags online pakistan right here f5y42h2j79 replica ysl handbags replica bags london 7a replica bags meaning pop over to this site d3a00j3p36 replica radley bags

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...