Saturday, July 25, 2020

Rajasthani Miniature Paintings




Hi !!!


Hope all of you are doing well :)

Here in Delhi, thankfully its raining and the temperature has come down dramatically..

Today I am going to share with few paintings based on rajasthani folk art.. Even though madhubani is and has been very close to my heart, still I wanted to explore other traditional art forms. Earlier I had shared with you few Cheriyal Paintings, traditional art form of Telangana State.

In continuation to this today I am sharing with you Rajasthani Miniature Painting. This traditional art goes back to 15th century where it evolved in the Marwar -Mewar region. As the name suggests these are primarily done on small piece of cloth or paper with lot of detailing work. 

Taking inspiration from Pinterest I have tried to recreate few of them...















These paintings are done on A5 size Brustro watercolour paper.. I  feel that if I invest more time on this I will get better with time.:))

Do you agree with me ? Let me know your thoughts ... & do share about any new crafts you have been learning..:))

Till next time stay home stay safe :)))




Moushumi

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting !!!!! Such vibrant colors !!!!
    Have a nice week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful paintings. You are really good at this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anitha... Have not been blogging for sometime so didnt see your message ...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...