Sunday, May 3, 2015

Cornmeal Muffins (eggless)



Hi !!!



Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend.

Here in Delhi its very hot. I  don't feel like going out until & unless its very important & urgent. I have been planning to watch a movie for sometime now, but due to this scorching heat I dropped the idea and decided to laze around at home, watching Tv and doing the regular household chores.

I was just rummaging  through my grocery stock for some kitchen items, and surprisingly I found this packet of cornmeal which I had bought during winters and which I had totally forgotten about. Impromptu,  I decided to make something sweet out of it. Little bit of net surfing &I came across this super easy muffin recipe shared by nisha madhulika in youtube.

Her recipes are quite simple and very easy to follow. So I tried out this muffin recipe & as you can see,  it came out quite soft and delicious.








These eggless recipes come in quite handy .... when you ran out of eggs or especially on  days like mon, tues & thurs when I don't eat eggs/non veg & on my kids insistence I need to prepare baked items. 

Now coming to the muffins you will need the following elements:


Ingredients

Cornmeal - 1/2 cup
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 3/4 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Curd - 1/2 cup in room temp.
Butter - 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence - 1/2 - 1 tsp


Method

Pre-heat your oven at 180 deg C

First of all we need to mix  the wet ingredients ie butter & curd together and whisk it properly. In a separate bowl we will mix the dry stuff ie the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda & baking powder. After this we will bring both these mixtures together and mix them properly. In the end add vanilla essence accordingly. You can also add nuts to give it more crunch.

Now grease your muffin moulds with butter / oil and transfer the batter. According to the recipe we need to bake them for 10-15 min. , but mine took a bit longer...... around 20-25 min. Just check it with a toothpick, if it comes out clean then its ready otherwise you need to give it some more time.

Take them out of the oven and bring it to room temp. before de-moulding it.

TA.. DA your muffins are ready ......






Don't they look scrumptious ?????







Do drop in with your comments / feedback ....


Till next time bye & take care !!! :)






4 comments:

  1. They look scrumptious indeed .Mouth watering..... tempted to try my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ghazala for dropping by:) do try them and let me know..

      Delete
  2. Yummy...yummy...
    Have a delicious week !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...