Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My Embroidery Work...





Hello !!!


I always refrain myself from doing needlework project simply because I find it very tedious & time consuming. Even though I did some embroidery work as a souvenir for my friends living abroad, but it is not my favourite subject. This year I have decided to brush up my embroidery skills & have started with this small cover.

My embroidery stash is quite limited so I am trying to manage with whatever colours I have :))










You can see I have used various shades of brown, my leaves are multicoloured green, blue, olive green...... You can see as I am going further the size of my flowers are becoming smaller (meaning I am getting impatient:-)) But I am persistent & hopefully would be able to complete this ..

Also made this wall hanging for my son's school project from waste CDs. 





I covered the CD with jute thread & painted it yellow as it is their class theme. After that I attached mirrors in the centre & stones in the corner and finally finished it by attaching off white satin ribbon.


Do let me know how these look ????

Till next time have a creative week :))


Moushumi

8 comments:

  1. Embroidery looks beautiful. Yes embroidery takes time compared to other crafts but the result will be awesome. Once u go in depth u will not be able to come out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shami!!! I also hope that I find patience & love in needlework :))

      Delete
  2. Your embroidery is colorful!! You still achieved a lot, I am a lazy person and always try to do smaller designs or just finish off using chain stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preeti, but when I see your cross stitch projects I feel ur patience level is far better than mine :)) Have a wonderful Sunday :))

      Delete
  3. wow moushumi, beautiful embroidery work. Nice way to recycle the CDs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vasudha .. Mean a lot to me .. have a lovely day !!!:))

      Delete
  4. Lovely embroidery dear... I could never do it past the mandatory one in school on different handkerchief! Nice cd recycling

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...