Friday, September 28, 2012

Birthday Cake



Hi Ladies !!!!


Yesterday was my elder son (Moksh's)  Bday. He turned 13 and to celebrate the occasion I decided to bake a cake with proper decoration and all. Nothing unusual about baking a cake, as I  do it every time, but, making an icing topping and decorating it with the same is something which I tried for the very first time.

 Since Thursday is a no non-veg day, I decided to make a egg less Lemon Cake. I picked up this recipe from, Nita Mehta's Eggless Oven Recipes and this is how it turned out.


Front side



Back side





After decoration





Even though the kids and his friends showed appreciation, but I somehow felt that covering the lemon icing with chocolate shavings was a mistake. Because  chocolate and lemon does not  quite blend together. Instead of chocolate if  I would have sprinkled some shavings of lemon rind and replaced the strawberries with sweetened lemon wedges, I think the whole dish would have come together quite beautifully. Well, cooking is experimenting with new things and I think this is how you learn.

Have you ever experienced something like this????????


Do write in. I wud like to hear from you.


Have a nice day !!!!!


Moushumi



4 comments:

  1. It seems as if you know what might have made the cake better in flavour and taste. I guess that is what cooking is all about. Experimenting till you get it right! The kids loved it. So job well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi radha !!!

      Thanks for reverting & and encouraging me.

      luv
      Moushumi

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...